Saturday, January 4, 2020

What's With This Whole Networking Thing??

Seriously...how do people do this?? I have like two lines....Hi, I'm Debi. How are you? That's great.   And....I'm out!  That's all I got.  A couple of smiles, a nod, and an awkward walk away.  Go Debz!

Had the opportunity this evening to attend a great networking event. Pizza, wine & beer, tons of Roseburg business people/entrepreneurs.   Motivational testimonies from high school students, the epic tale of a personal journey from a successful Eugene business guru, and deep insight from the group founder/leader.  Really excellent experience. Thoroughly enjoyed the speaker, the excitement, and the information~ Minus the awkwardness that is me! Always feel like a phony at these types of events.....little girl playing dress up!   

Checked out this book to see if I can get some solid ideas for how to be engaging and captivating.  Apparently this is a skill set I am sorely lacking in!   Help me, Ben Parr, Help me!!

If anyone else has any tips, I would love to hear them!   Help a social misfit out......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and sharing your thoughts with me! I appreciate you! Your comments should be available to the public soon!

Apples, Oats, Fish, Beans and Avocados...

 ...that's it.  Those are the things I need to eat EVERY Day! Why?  Well about a week ago I found out my cholesterol is at 239.   Anythi...