Wednesday, February 12, 2020

#3 Row River Trail @Dorena Lake


#3 Row River Trail @ Dorena Lake, Cottage Grove, Oregon
#52HikeChallenge


Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Weather: Sunny and Crisp.
Distance: 5ish miles   Never sure how exact the Fitbit tracker is so we will go with the "ish" to be safe!
Type: Park-ish, Paved trail around the lake
Company: Sue, Melissa, Mali, and Jax

Reflections: On Sunday morning I had the opportunity to meet up with my friends Sue and Melissa and Sue's lovely pups Mali and Jax.  We started the day with a yummy breakfast burrito at Tiffanee's food court in Cottage Grove. If you get the chance, check them out! Serious!  I had the basic burrito (eggs, potatoes, pepper jack cheese, and verde sauce)! TASTY Goodness right there! They had vegan and carne options as well!  Something for everyone!

After the yumminess we headed out to Dorena Lake to tackle a small part of the Row River Trail.  The Row River Trail  totals around 14 miles and runs out of Cottage Grove, through fields, past a lovely covered bridge, around a portion of the lake and out into the wild.   We started our hike at a parking area next to the lake and headed out. We followed the lovely lake for awhile and then eventually headed away from the water and into the peaceful serenity of the area.  The water was low which really changed the landscape and created some beautiful views. 


While the location was beautiful---you wouldn't expect any less from Oregon-- the best part of this day was the company.  After being away home from six-weeks it was so nice to connect with friends, talk about everything and anything, and just relax for a minute.


If I were doing a gratitude list, I would say that first and foremost I am so grateful to have friends who are available on short notice and are willing to spend their mornings strolling around the lake with me.   Second, I would say that I am so grateful to live in this beautiful and amazing state.   I love you Oregon, my Oregon! Finally, I would say that I am grateful to have a body that allows me to get out and experience moments like this! I may not have a "perfect body" according to society's standards, but I accept and love that my body is perfectly made and able to support me every day!

Gratitude.  Beauty.  Friendship. Peace. Bliss....  #everydayadventures #thingsthatmakemehappy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and sharing your thoughts with me! I appreciate you! Your comments should be available to the public soon!

Apples, Oats, Fish, Beans and Avocados...

 ...that's it.  Those are the things I need to eat EVERY Day! Why?  Well about a week ago I found out my cholesterol is at 239.   Anythi...