Monday, February 24, 2020

#4 Mt Pisgah, Eugene, Oregon





Hike #4 Mt Pisgah, Eugene, Oregon
#52HikeChallenge

Date: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Weather: Sunny and Crisp.
Distance: 2.5ish miles   Never sure how exact the steps tracker is so we will go with the "ish" to be safe!
Type: Park
Company: Track, Jennifer, Melissa, and Ripley!

Ripley
Reflections: This particular morning I headed up to Eugene to meet up with my friends, Traci, Melissa, and Jennifer. As an added bonus this little cutie tagged along for her first semi-official hiking adventure  Look at that face!  She is just too much!
The hike started out with a bit of adventure for me.  This park requires a parking permit. For some reason, I decided to walk up the hill to the meter before putting on my hiking shoes and still in my flip flops. Well, flip flops were fine on the way up, but not so good on the way down!  I was pretty sure I was going to end up sliding down on my bum, but fortunately there was a kind man behind me and he offered to hold my hand all the way down! I quickly and gratefully accepted and am happy to report we both made it safely down the slippery slope!  Thank you kind man! My bum and my pride are in your debt!
For the specifics of the hike, it was lovely and relaxing. we wandered around the lower trails--I think maybe Lily Pond trail or at least in the vicinity of Lily Pond trail. We stayed on flat ground for Ripley, obviously! Just because I was the one who repeatedly suggested (insisted) we stay in the lower evaluation doesn't mean I needed the lower trails. It was in no way an indication that I may be out of shape and need to ease my way back into the hills!  This is my story and I am going to tell it the way I want!  You feel me!?  So, once the trail was decided, we walked, we talked, we laughed and basically explored every topic imaginable. Perfect day for enjoying the sunshine, activity, and company. Along the way we saw some kayakers out enjoying the day their way and recognized one of them as Jen's fiance!  You just never know who you are going to run into out here.
Hello Erik!
The park was was packed! I thought there was some sort of organized event going on at first. Cars and people everywhere!  Turns out it was not an organized event at all. Just a sunny Sunday in February and a lot of people ready to get out outside and soak up some Vitamin D! I imagine the higher elevation trails (the ones that lead to even more amazing views) were overflowing with people. But since RIPLEY (my story remember) needed the lower trails we were able to find a little quiet space all to ourselves! No shortage of beautiful views, regardless of where you go--truth.  I love this barn on the property. There was a cute little family in front of it this time doing what looked like a One-Year photo shoot for their daughter. I didn't take a picture of them taking pictures of her because that would have been creepy, but here is the barn! Good location for a photo shoot. Well played happy family, well played!

Once the hiking part was done, we headed over to Melissa's house for some spicy cabbage soup and homemade bread! TASTY GOODNESS! As an added bonus I got to meet the piggies and bunnies for the first time. So cute! You can check them all out on Instagram at @bluebarnsanctuary. She gets the best pics of the piggies and bunnies. Seriously, today's pic is of the pigs getting a bath...pigs in bubbles! What?! Check them out. You won't regret it!  

In summary, I completely enjoyed the day. Seriously, when you have good friends, cute animals, sunshine, and gorgeous views---what's not to love!  BUT, after several park type hikes in a row I am definitely ready to get back to trees and dirt paths! My next hike will include a waterfall--no doubt!

The Badasses
Melissa, Traci, Jennifer, Debi, and Ripley!
Missing: Sue

Note to self: Stop wearing caps in pictures!  Functional, yes. Photogenic...NOT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and sharing your thoughts with me! I appreciate you! Your comments should be available to the public soon!

Apples, Oats, Fish, Beans and Avocados...

 ...that's it.  Those are the things I need to eat EVERY Day! Why?  Well about a week ago I found out my cholesterol is at 239.   Anythi...