Tuesday, December 22, 2020

It's been a minute...

Today is December 22, 2020 and it has been a minute since I worked on a post.  Somewhere after March I just let it go...the blogging that is.  I continue to work on my Duolingo App learning Spanish and have completed 49 of my #52hikechallenge!  3 to go, baby!

Unfortunately the creative side just didn't hold up. I am going to give that another go next year. Bring it on 2021.

So where are we...still in Covid-19 pandemic mode.  Still on some variation of lock down. Schools closed for awhile, masks in public, limited gatherings, no in door dining, and even more of the SOCIAL DISTANCING! Sadly our country is at 18,684,628 cases and 330,824 deaths. That is a far cry from the last time I wrote about this when we had just topped 2,000. Now we are at 330,824 lives lost in the US alone. What?! How is this still happening?

Worldwide we are at 1,723,915 fellow humans lost to this pandemic.  2021 will be here soon and while there are now 2 vaccines in distribution the road ahead still looks grim. 78,364,099 MILLION cases around the world.  

So, yeah...I will stay in lockdown and keep as save as I can be in my little town. Not that Oregon is excluded from the loss. We have 104,950 cases and 1,362 deaths to date.  Douglas County has 1327 cases and 38 losses. It is a lot to deal with.  

Wow. That is depressing. And scary. And so unreal. It's like we are living in an end times movie! I don't like it.

These are not the types of #everydayadventures I want to be part of and these are definitely NOT #thingsthatmakemehappy. 

Overall 2020 sucked. Flat out.  Between the coronavirus and the elections (Trump v Biden--Biden confirmed winner but Trump refuses to conceed) this has been a year!  There have definitely been moments of good.  People have shown up for one another and reminded us all that we are in this together...while socially distant.  Hopefully. And PLEASE for goodness sake -- wearing a freaking mask. It is NOT a violation of your personal freedom. It IS a caring act to take for your fellow human beings!

So what I have done this year? Hiked  a lot. Worked on Spanish. Read. Binge watched a lot of crappy TV and sappy shows. Yoga. Started practicing Qi Jong. Meditated. Spent precious time with my kids and grands. Safely interacted with my friends when possible. Spent a lot of time on self-reflection. Worked on lowering my cholesterol. Drank--more than I should but not out of control. Stayed home most of the time but did manage a couple of camping trips. Camping is the essence of social distancing!  No judging.

Cried. Laughed. Prayed. Loved. Lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and sharing your thoughts with me! I appreciate you! Your comments should be available to the public soon!

Apples, Oats, Fish, Beans and Avocados...

 ...that's it.  Those are the things I need to eat EVERY Day! Why?  Well about a week ago I found out my cholesterol is at 239.   Anythi...