Monday, April 20, 2020

#12 Exploring Myrtle Creek, Oregon




Hike #12  Myrtle Creek, Oregon
#52HikeChallenge

Date:  April 9, 2020
Distance: 3ish miles
Weather: Sunny and beautiful
Type: Town
Company: Solo of course because SOCIAL DISTANCING!  Although wave to a person who passed me on the other side of the street

I am having a hard time writing lately. I think I have Corona-virus brain or something.  I am finding it hard to focus and be creative. Spend a lot of time staring at the TV or computer screen. I do walk a lot though. That is one bright spot in this situation. I can't really go anywhere new so I spend a lot of time exploring my town.  Usually I walk the neighborhood and Millsite Park. It is a pretty and peaceful walk. But once a week I try to do find somewhere new to count towards my #52HikeChallenge.  

On this day, I went out exploring a new road in a part of town I don't normally visit. Took off down some dirt roads, skirted a few confusing trespassing signs, a lot of barking dogs. Let's just say it was good for getting the heart pumping!   Aerobic, right!   I drove down to the end of the road, parked my car, and started walking. There are not a lot of houses out there so it was just me, the big open sky, a few birds, and so many beautiful landscapes.  

I did pass one other walker (not of the TWD kind) and we cautiously waved at one another and offered a slight head nod....from across the street. EXTREME Social Distancing!!  Fun fact, if social distancing were an Olympic sport, I would be a gold medalist!

That is all I have for today!  Hike #12 complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and sharing your thoughts with me! I appreciate you! Your comments should be available to the public soon!

Apples, Oats, Fish, Beans and Avocados...

 ...that's it.  Those are the things I need to eat EVERY Day! Why?  Well about a week ago I found out my cholesterol is at 239.   Anythi...